Throttle and PAS

• My wife and I have had an E bike for 3 years. I just recieved the Ranger and have 17 miles on it. This Ranger does not have throttle without having PAS on. I thinnk is a bummer, throttle is nice to have for take off. Also When in PAS 2 it would be nice to have throttle on demand. In pass 2 about 12 mph if I come up to a 4 corner, traffic light is green I'd like to give throttle to cross the road a little quicker.

Any thoughts?  

• The throttle does work with PAS and you are correct, it's awesome to be able to use the throttle from a dead stop and then start PAS. Make sure that your wife is not pedaling when she hits the throttle or the throttle willl not work. Conversely the throttle cannot be engaged even a little or PAS wont engage. One or the other. I have an adventurer so might be different but I suspect not.

• Thats part of the problem, the throttle does not work from dead stop. it only engages while using PAS and will only go as fast as the chosen pass #. I'f I'm on #2 going through a green light it will not go any faster to get accross the road.

Like my car I would like to have max throttle at any time. Its a twist throttle, should be linnier in speed as you twist more speed is gained.